Letting friends get dinner together—on the go
As customers increasingly order through DoorDash's apps, it was finally time to bring our favorite web feature to mobile: ordering food with friends.
There were two key experiences...
Create (from Menu or Cart), set criteria, share
Access (iOS or Mobile Web)
Can share with more people
DoorDash was the first nationwide app to offer mobile group orders. Even with minimal marketing, customers immediately discovered the feature and started using mobile group orders to get food with friends and coworkers.
Promoted by Apple
- Brief: https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Design-Brief-Group-Ordering-U5KJNhBz4XJrBTPMeSGVz
- MVP: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AinlmnTPLfCURJX4Y1HIr7cBkuuVw1mMczxC1mwStVg/edit
- All Hands Preso: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Gv2mLsxj1i5tfeOhA-VJ2g5ryh_0jjGhIW3lqKqPbJU/edit#slide=id.g28b1cda83d_6_0
- Zeplin Mocks: https://app.zeplin.io/project/5984d50b489dbd507d4d3cc6/dashboard
- Functional Spec: https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Functional-Spec-Consumer-Mobile-Group-Order-4w64VRuntHL8dvUuG4cOk#:uid=660218423357822883919833&h2=Tracking-Order
- Group Order MVP Preso: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NSj2nBxn22dwrMBGyPkISDS4jnA9B59uIyP7P0cnbmo/edit#slide=id.g23f09f5efb_0_67